I thought I’d get around to posting an update for the improvements I’ve made to the Ethereal Plains engine. Granted things may change again from this build, but I’m quite pleased with the current product.
While not much has been done visually with the game so far, I have added some new items to the game engine itself.
More importantly however, I have accomplished a lot in the story and character departments. I am almost finished fleshing out the characters and their back-stories, after which I will be going in to more detail on the story itself. I have a general overview of it complete, but that will only serve in public postings about it.
After spending weeks combing forums for scripts to use with my game, I believe I have all of the ones I will ever need for my game. Otherwise this is just an early demonstration of the game “engine” itself, so many things are not yet polished and finalized in these initial areas.
Over the past couple weeks, I have found renewed interest in RPG Maker again. Having played with it on and off over the past decade, I decided to explore the newest version: RPG Maker VX Ace.
Previously I had worked with RPG Maker 95 a bit, but hadn’t really gotten in to it too extensively until RPG Maker 2000. I recall working quite a bit on an game using it but never got beyond the opening. For the most part, up until now, the most work I had done on one was to create a town, a hero, and a part of the world map. All with no planning at all; likely the reason it was never completed.